Friday, May 15, 2009

Why so Serious?

That is the tagline of last year's movie 'The Dark Knight' . This movie will always be in my list of all time favorites. I think Heath Ledger played the Joker better than anyone could ever have.  I also enjoyed the other characters, but to me the Joker was the highlight of the movie - Heath could not have made the character any darker or scarier - a well deserved Oscar indeed. What a shame that such great talent was lost at such a young age. 

While we are on the topic of movies and jokers, I recently watched the movie 'W' . Now, this is a movie about a different type of Joker - Mr.Bush himself.  This guy ruled for a good 8 years, making some stupid decisions and then some. Watching this movie will help us understand how and why "The Decider" had to do what he had to do. Enough said about it though - this is not a political post and anyway I cannot even vote in the US, so my opinion hardly matters.  However, the movie is very well done and I especially loved the very last scene, it pretty much summarizes his entire term in office. No spoilers here, so  you have to watch it to know what I'am talking about.

I have to say though, one thing what I did observe is that Mr.Bush's term coming to end and Mr.Obama taking over was not exciting news for everyone. In fact one particular section was almost left unemployed because of this change at the White House. They were the the comedy clubs and the late night show hosts like Jay Leno , Dave Letterman etc. Yes, Jan 20th 2009 was a pretty dark day in their careers. There could be no more George Bush jokes, no more digs at 'The Decider', nobody else that they could 'misunderestimate' , no more Bushisms to entertain the late night TV watchers when their 'childrens' were sleeping.

There is always a silver lining though,  rumors are that we will have a replacement joker in the new administration, he is not the President , but close enough - goes by the name Joe Biden - he is keeping the comedians busy off late.

So here, as we regret the moving out of the most entertaining President the world has probably ever seen, I thought I will post some of the all too famous quotes of the great hero.  

Disclaimer : There is no copyright violation here, these are Bush's words - his and his only and I claim no ownership rights over them. Also, I have picked these from other websites

On the recession

"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"In terms of the economy, look, I inherited a recession, I am ending on a recession." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

On his term in the White House

"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President." --George W. Bush, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the president." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"He was a great father before politics, a great father during politics and a great father after politics." --George W. Bush, on his father, George H.W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"Yesterday, you made note of my -- the lack of my talent when it came to dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no question Liberia has gone through very difficult times." --George W. Bush, speaking with the president of Liberia, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 2008

...And some other classics

"But oftentimes I'm asked: Why? Why do you care what happens outside of America?" --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26,2008

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

Many more can be found here - this guy will be dearly missed


No comments:

Come on make some noise !

Come on make some noise !